- Empathize with your customers and think about their challenges
- Write great content that satisfies a need your customer personas have
- Add in keywords in page titles
- Make the page titles great (concise, meets user's expectations, enticing)
- Add in keywords in meta descriptions
- Write great meta descriptions (use intrigue, mystery, meet user's expectations)
- Optimize your URLs
- Use the right anchor text when linking internally
- Use keywords in image alt-text
- Make your content shareable
We wrapped up the meeting with a general discussion about SEO and took questions from Richmond Huggers about on-page SEO best practices.
You can learn more about our latest HUG presentation in the SlideShare below.
Want to join us at our next HUG? Mark your calendars for December 7 to learn more inbound marketing techniques.